A 40-year-old Marion woman died Saturday night at St. Luke Hospital after being found unresponsive and apparently not breathing in the 700 block of N. Cedar St.
Marion police officer Mike Stone confirmed that authorities are investigating the death of Michelle Williams as a possible overdose of prescription medication. Police are awaiting toxicology results.
“At this point, we don’t know exactly what happened,” Stone said. “But we have to investigate it as an unattended death.”
Stone said a toxicology report is a normal part of the autopsy process.