Kansas Department of Health and Environment announced today that Marion Reservoir is once again under a blue-green algae warning. The warning will remain in effect until July 9, when KDHE is expected to update the lake’s status.
During a warning:
- Lake water is not good to drink for humans, pets, or livestock.
- Water contact should be avoided.
- Fish can be eaten as long as they are rinsed with clean water, only the fillet portion is consumed, and all other parts are discarded.
- Do not allow pets to eat dried algae.
- If lake water contacts skin, wash with clean water as soon as possible.
- Avoid areas of visible algae accumulation.