• Last modified 1257 days ago (Feb. 10, 2016)


RadioShack gift card holders owed refund

Consumers holding unused RadioShack gift cards are eligible for refunds from the company, which filed for bankruptcy last year.

If you have a gift card in need of refunding, visit the Kansas Attorney General’s consumer protection website at or call (800) 432-2310.

The deadline to file a claim is Dec. 2.

Under a court order filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, a trust will treat as a priority claim and pay 100 percent of the balance to consumers holding gift cards that were purchased from the store, its website, or any of its authorized sellers.

Attorney General Derek Schmidt said that no one associated with this settlement would contact them for personal or financial information, so to be wary of potential scams.

Last modified Feb. 10, 2016