Peabody plans Christmas events
Peabody’s annual Come Home for Christmas will begin with a parade at 4 p.m. Dec. 3.
Entries are being accepted by Traci Woodruff at (316) 217-1230. There are no entry fees or rules, but a $200 prize will go to the winning entry.
Students in grades 6 through 12 will be working on the Hub’s float from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday. Pease Family Farm Welding will provide a taco bar and drinks. Kids are to meet at the Hub and walk down to Chuck Mead’s shop at 105 W. 1st St. Signs will be posted
After the parade Dec. 3, a caricature artist, a face painter, inflatable games, carriage rides, and the making of gingerbread houses are planned.
Many stores also are planning open houses or customer appreciation events:
- Breathe Deep Works and Shirley Davis Massage from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Daisy Dips during the Come Home For Christmas event.
- ManeStreet Beautique from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Tennant Wood and Metal from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Walnut Wine and Whiskey from 3 to 7 p.m.
At 3 p.m. the next day, Dec. 4, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church will sponsor a performance by McPherson Brass Band and serve desserts afterward.