Kansas Department of Commerce has announced that Peabody Main Street has been nominated for awards in five categories of competition for the Governor’s Awards of Excellence.
PMSA has been nominated for awards in the following categories:
- Excellence in fundraising for the benefit auction held in March which grossed more than $10,000 for Main Street projects in Peabody.
- Excellence in volunteer development for recruiting volunteers willing to invest enough hours to account for a $90,000 reinvestment based on the value the state attributes to volunteer hours.
- Excellence in business development for the economic restructuring committee’s high-speed Internet recruiting initiative.
- Excellence in business promotion for the PMSA holiday shopping spree which tracked holiday spending at $15,000 in sales through use of the holiday punch tickets.
- The Kansas Community Award is given each year by Kansas Main Street to recognize community members who make an extra commitment to helping their community. Frank and Janice Woodruff have been nominated from Peabody.
The awards ceremony will take place Oct. 22 at the Kansas Main Street Downtown Symposium in Hutchinson.
“We are pleased with the nominations,” said Peabody Main Street and economic development director Shane Marler. “To be nominated for five awards is a good achievement for our Main Street program. We are excited to have been selected to be in the running.”
For more information about the Main Street program or to volunteer, contact Marler at (620) 983-2113.