Seniors, kids, and readers were all winners Saturday when Peabody Community Foundation handed out $10,864 to community organizations during its annual Pancake Day at Peabody Senior Center.
- Peabody Senior Citizens Center received $3,619 for an ADA-compliant automatic front door.
- USD 398 received $4,145 for playgrounds at the elementary school, Warrior Recycling Program, Middle School Rewards Program, and the Student Assistance Fund.
- Peabody Boy Scouts were awarded $1,000 for new uniforms and scholarships to Cornhusker Scout Ranch in Du Bois, Nebraska.
- Peabody Township Library received $900 to upgrade and add seating in the Ann Potter Room.
- The city of Peabody received $700 to buy chairs and lounges for the City pool.
- Circles of Marion County’s Families and Communities Together program received $500 to continue to raise awareness of poverty in the community.
Over 135 people attended the pancake feed, raising more than $4,000 for ongoing work and future grants.
Board chairman N.M. Patton recognized outgoing board members Brad Nightengale and Jim Preheim.