Burglary of a vehicle; criminal use of a financial card
Kacie McGee, 28, North Newton, reported that three credit cards, a driver’s licence, a Social Security card, and a Samsung cell phone valued at $300 were stolen from a vehicle in a Goessel High School parking lot between 2 and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 20. The vehicle was owned by Casson Schmidt, 37, Newton.
Brent Pigorsch, 58, Lincolnville, reported theft of a toolbox and hand tools valued at $450 from his residence in the 100 block of Kansas St. between 3 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 23.
Criminal damage to property
Five incidents of vandals spray painting property were reported as occurring between 10 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday. They included:
- Images and letters painted on a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 pickup owned by Clint Corby in the 500 block of E. Grand Ave. Estimated damage was $100.
- Paint on the east side of Hillsboro Middle/High School and three school-owned passenger vehicles. Estimated damage was $219.
- Paint on a yield sign at Prairie Pointe and C Sts. Estimated damage was $75.
- Paint on the west side of a house owned by Ken Koslowsky in the 100 block of S. Adams St. Estimated damage was $50.
- Paint on three sides of a garage owned by Deborah Olsen in the 300 block of N. Birch St. Estimated damage was $250.
Estimated damage from the five incidents totaled $694. The incidents were believed to be linked to similar ones reported as occurring in Goessel and in unincorporated areas during the same time frame. Charges are pending against four unnamed suspects.
Last modified Aug. 30, 2017