ARCHIVE

  • Last modified 2809 days ago (Jan. 12, 2011)

MORE

None hurt in fire near Florence

A fire swept through John and Marianne Siebert’s workshop Thursday at their rural Florence home, 1424 Yarrow Road, but nobody was injured.

John Siebert thinks the fire started with an electrical problem. He was working in the shop that morning when a circuit breaker tripped and he couldn’t reset it.

He bought and installed a part and fixed the circuit breaker, and everything worked fine. A little while later he went to lunch. The workshop was on fire when he returned.

“It was pretty bad when I got back,” Siebert said. “I figure it must have started soon after I left.”

Florence Fire Department, Marion County Emergency Medical Services, Marion County sheriff’s office, and Marion Fire Department responded to the fire.

An insurance adjuster declared the structure a total loss, Siebert said Friday. Rebuilding the structure would probably cost about $20,000, he said. Including tools damaged or destroyed in the fire, he estimated the loss at $45,000. The cost to replace everything will probably be about $25,000 out-of-pocket.

Last modified Jan. 12, 2011

Quantcast