New round of grants begins
Grants for 10 categories of businesses are available through Kansas Department of Commerce.
The department will give $130 million from the Coronavirus Relief Fund of the federal CARES Act. Grants are available for both non-profit and for-profit businesses.
Available grants include:
- Emergency response grants for businesses that provide connectivity.
- Broadband partnership adoption grants.
- Small business working capital grants.
- Securing local food systems grants.
- Personal protective equipment procurement grants.
- Personal protective equipment manufacturing grants.
- Manufacturing technical education grants.
- COVID-19 bioscience product development acceleration grants.
- Domestic supply chain fortification grants.
- IT, cybersecurity and IT project management grants.
To qualify, businesses must have operated on or before July 1, 2019, not have gotten more than $350,000 in other COVID relief, and must prove 25% or more loss in revenue because of the virus.
Application can be made online on the KDOC website.