ARCHIVE

  • Last modified 136 days ago (May 13, 2020)

MORE

may 14, 1880

Mr. C.H. Thompson, our enterprising and popular liveryman, has added to his vehicle property three fine new buggies and an elegant phaeton, all of which were manufactured expressly for him in Kansas City. For splendid turnouts, Mr. Thompson does not propose to be excelled in the county.

The coal borers at Peabody have gone five hundred feet without finding coal, but the citizens have “chipped in” to go down three hundred feet further. We hope their pluck and enterprise will be richly repaid before they reach the eight hundred limit.

The Post Office has been removed two doors east of the old stand, and is now located in the more capacious room lately occupied by Mr. Calhoun with his boot and shoe store. The removal was made necessary by the increased business of the office, and will be greatly appreciated.

Burns is on the boom bigger than ever. The masons have commenced work on the church; when completed it will be the largest one in the county.

People stand around and wish it would rain, and yet nobody takes steps to get up a picnic.

Last modified May 13, 2020

 

X

BACK TO TOP