Marion County Hospital District #1 Board of Directors has offered the position of chief financial officer to a candidate.
The decision was made by the board at the Nov. 18 board meeting following an executive session.
The candidate verbally accepted the position. An announcement will be made when employment paperwork is completed.
In other business:
- Hospital revenue saw an increase in October.
- Inpatient revenue was up from September by more than 11 percent and ahead of budget by 78 percent. Outpatient revenue also was up by 12 percent and six percent of ahead of the budget. Clinic revenue was less by nearly 13 percent or nearly $3,000. Overall, patient revenue was up 12.78 percent from the same time last year.
- Laboratory procedures had decreased by more than 7 percent or 207 procedures from September and behind budget by 203 procedures. Radiology scans were up 16 from the previous month but behind budget by 49 procedures. Physical therapy procedures also were up more than 33 percent or 315 procedures, and head of budget by 65 procedures.
- A draft of the facility master plan is being reviewed by administrative council. After the draft has been reviewed and a teleconference held, the final document will be presented to the board in December or January.
- St. Luke Physician Clinic has completed preparation for the Rural Health Clinic Survey.
The next hospital board meeting is at 7 p.m. Dec. 16 in the clinic basement.