Pastor, Gracepoint church
The Bible says, “a joyful heart is good medicine.” In that spirit, here are some actual church bulletin bloopers that I’ve collected over the years.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will speak tonight. Come and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be ‘What is Hell?’ Come early and listen to the choir practice.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Johnson to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- On Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the expenses of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet, please come forward and get a piece of paper.
- Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don’t forget your husbands.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack’s sermons.
God created us with a sense of humor, so let’s laugh often. It’s good for us.