• Last modified 2798 days ago (Dec. 22, 2011)


Police Report

Dec. 11: A report of injury because of domestic violence was taken at Hillsboro Community Hospital; the victim denied that domestic violence was the cause of the injury. Officers responded to a suicidal juvenile; the victim was transported to a facility in Wichita by parents.

Dec. 12: A person was fingerprinted for commercial license. Officers assisted a motorist. An out-of-control child was checked; the child calmed and the issue was resolved on scene. A dog complaint was taken. Officers assisted the Marion County Sheriff with and investigation. A stolen object was reported in the 300 block of North Cedar; the item was recovered and returned to the owner.

Dec. 13: A dog complaint was checked. Government surplus audited equipment on loan to the police department. A disturbance was reported in the 400 block of South Washington Street. A report of subjects hunting on city property at sewer lagoons was checked; subjects were found to hunting outside of compound on private property. A person reported that someone had gained access to a financial account and removed money without authorization. A report of someone driving through a yard was checked; the driver was disoriented at the time.

Dec. 14: Officers assisted with a burning power line blocking the roadway at Kanza and 170th Road. A traffic complaint was taken. Officers assisted Sheriff with a stolen firearm report. A suspicious vehicle was reported.

Thursday: A traffic complaint was checked in a work zone. A welfare check was performed. A parking complaint was checked; the vehicle parked on city property. A dog bite complaint was checked; a city utility worker was bitten by a dog while reading meters.

Friday: A possible financial scam was reported. Officer followed up with stolen computer case at Tabor College. A civil property dispute was checked in Hillsboro Heights.

Saturday: A subject reported a missing wallet. A domestic disturbance was checked; a 30-year-old McPherson man was arrested for battery and transported to Marion County Jail.

Last modified Dec. 22, 2011