• Last modified 1499 days ago (March 18, 2015)


Highway hay permits available

Landowners may apply for a permit to harvest hay on Kansas highway rights of way through the Kansas Department of Transportation.

Applicants with land adjacent to the right of way will receive permit priority through March 31.

After March 31, permits to harvest will be issued in the order in which they are received. The permits expire Sept. 30.

Hay harvesting on rights of way along state and federal highways without a permit is illegal. Any person, firm or corporation wanting to mow or bale hay will need to submit a permit application to KDOT.

For additional information, contact the Marion KDOT office at (620) 382-3717.

Last modified March 18, 2015