• Last modified 2637 days ago (May 31, 2012)


Farmers can apply for storm loss loans

Farmers in Marion County who suffered crop or livestock losses because of hail, wind, lightning, and tornadoes April 14 and 15 can apply for Farm Service Agency emergency loans.

Loans can be used to replace installations, equipment, livestock, or buildings — including homes — lost in the disaster. To be eligible, an applicant must operate a family-sized farm or ranch, be unable to get credit elsewhere, and have suffered a qualifying loss in the disaster.

Farmers and ranchers who think they may be eligible can call (620) 343-6944.

Last modified May 31, 2012