ARCHIVE

  • Last modified 73 days ago (July 12, 2023)

MORE

DISPATCHES

Broadcasts about these fire and ambulance calls were monitored this past week by the newspaper:

JULY 4

12:54 p.m. — A 37-year-old woman with a kidney infection was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from Hillsboro Community Hospital to Salina Regional Health Center. The ambulance returned to Hillsboro at 4:16 p.m.

10:45 p.m. — A grass fire reported along US-77 in Lincolnville was not located by Lincolnville firefighters until after it had been extinguished by a resident.

10:52 p.m. — An unconscious 13-year-old girl struggling to breathe along Nighthawk Rd. near 2nd St. in Peabody was taken to HCH by a Hillsboro ambulance crew after mechanical problems caused them to switch ambulances with a Peabody crew that also had been dispatched.

11:23 p.m. — Peabody firefighters helped extinguish small fires after the annual Fourth of July fireworks display in City Park.

11:30 p.m. — Cardboard on fire in a trash container near the Florence pool at 8th and Barker Sts. was quickly extinguished by Florence firefighters.

JULY 5

6:31 a.m. — A 26-year-old man needing a surgical consultation was transferred by a Hillsboro ambulance crew, still using Peabody’s ambulance, from HCH to Ascension Via Christi St. Francis Hospital, Wichita.

9:24 a.m. — After crews swapped ambulances in Peabody, Hillsboro ambulance took a 58-year-old woman in pain and vomiting at a farmhouse near K-15 and 140th Rd. to NMC Health, formerly Newton Medical Center. Goessel first responders were paged but did not answer.

11:27 a.m. — At a police officer’s request, a Hillsboro ambulance crew, now using the county’s backup ambulance, took what dispatchers termed a confused woman from a back yard in the 200 block of S. Jefferson St. in Hillsboro to HCH, where she initially wanted to go for physical therapy.

6:57 p.m. — At a police officer’s request, Peabody and Hillsboro ambulances were dispatched to the 200 block of S. Olive St. in Peabody after a woman told dispatchers she was naked and bugs were crawling over her. She was taken to NMC by the backup ambulance based in Hillsboro. The ambulance returned to Hillsboro at 9:05 p.m.

8:05 p.m. — With the backup ambulance still in Newton, Marion ambulance was dispatched to HCH to transfer a patient to McPherson Center for Health. The ambulance returned to Marion at 11:12 p.m.

11 p.m. — A 70-year-old woman was transferred by the Hillsboro backup ambulance from HCH to Wesley Medical Center, Wichita. The ambulance returned to Hillsboro at 12:44 a.m.

THURSDAY

2:48 a.m. — A 63-year-old woman with cardiac issues was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke Hospital, Marion, to Ascension Via Christi St. Theresa Hospital, Wichita.

FRIDAY

7:20 a.m. — A 79-year-old woman passing in and out of consciousness in the 300 block of S. Coble St. in Marion was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance.

1:05 p.m. — A 58-year-old woman with abdominal pain was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to St. Francis. The ambulance returned to Marion at 4:03 p.m.

SATURDAY

5:31 a.m. — Peabody ambulance, confined to first-response status aboard a former shift supervisor vehicle, and Hillsboro ambulance, using what normally is Peabody ambulance, stood by after a report of an injury turned out to be a series of break-ins in downtown Peabody.

6:35 a.m. — Peabody firefighters checked a carbon monoxide alarm sounding in the Peabody ambulance station when the ambulance returned from its standby call.

9:53 a.m. — A 69-year-old man with chest pain at Peabody Health and Rehab was taken to Wesley on an emergency basis by a Hillsboro ambulance crew, still using the ambulance normally based in Peabody. Peabody ambulance attendants aboard a former shift supervisor vehicle checked the patient before the ambulance arrived. The ambulance returned to Hillsboro at 12:55 p.m.

11:36 a.m. — Hillsboro firefighters briefly were dispatched for what turned out to be a prank — an unfounded report of a child stuck in a storm drain along D St. at Hillsboro’s sports complex.

8:51 p.m. — Marion firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm and possible natural gas leak at a house on Gilham Rd. at Marion County Lake. Firefighters remained until arrangements were made for an Atmos Energy crew to respond from Council Grove.

10:20 p.m. — A 63-year-old woman throwing up at Indian Guide Terrace apartments in Peabody was taken to St. Francis by Hillsboro ambulance attendants using the ambulance normally in Peabody. The ambulance returned to Hillsboro at 12:59 a.m.

SUNDAY

1:14 p.m. — An 81-year-old woman with hip pain was taken by Marion ambulance to St. Luke from the 500 block of N. Coble St. in Marion.

2:05 p.m. — An 86-year-old woman with a history of heart problems who fainted at a home in the 100 block of Eastmoor Dr. in Marion was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance.

9:36 p.m. — A 71-year-old man having chest pain and trouble breathing at a farmhouse near 210th and Remington Rds. was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance.

11:17 p.m. — Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was administered for a time to an unconscious 18-year-old, initially not breathing after suffering a seizure in the 400 block of N. Walnut St. in Peabody. He began breathing again and was taken to HCH by Hillsboro ambulance attendants using the ambulance normally in Peabody. Marion ambulance also responded. Peabody ambulance attendants using a first-response vehicle were paged but did not answer.

11:28 p.m. — HCH requested that, as soon as either ambulance was available, a 77-year-old man with a subdural hematoma be transferred from there to St. Francis’s trauma unit. At 12:39 a.m., Hillsboro ambulance attendants transferred the patient after delivering their Peabody patient to HCH. The ambulance returned to Hillsboro at 2:23 a.m.

MONDAY

2:18 a.m. — An 81-year-old man was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to Dole Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wichita. The ambulance returned to Marion at 5:32 a.m.

7:46 a.m. — A 76-year-old woman not feeling well after receiving a shingles vaccination Friday was taken by Hillsboro ambulance to HCH from the 300 block of S. Ash St. in Hillsboro.

9:14 a.m. — Goessel firefighters ventilated a residence in the 200 block of E. Commercial St. in Goessel after residents complained they were sickened by fumes from cleaning chemicals they were mixing in the basement.

1:30 p.m. — A small grass fire near Kanza and 270th Rds. was extinguished within 20 minutes by Durham firefighters.

Last modified July 12, 2023

 

X

BACK TO TOP