• Last modified 1423 days ago (Oct. 1, 2015)



According to fire and ambulance transmissions, monitored by the newspaper:

Sept. 22

12:44 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to the 400 block of N. Walnut St. for a woman with a possible broken arm. She was transported to St. Luke Hospital.

3:45 p.m. — Marion ambulance performed a basic-life-support transfer from St. Luke to an unspecified location.

Sept. 23

10:44 a.m. — Hillsboro ambulance transferred a patient from Hillsboro Community Hospital to Wesley Medical Center, Wichita.

6:21 p.m. — Hillsboro ambulance transferred a patient from HCH to St. Luke.

11:25 p.m. — Peabody ambulance responded to the 700 block of N. Elm St. for a male who was suspected to be intoxicated. He was not transported.


4:16 a.m. — St. Luke requested advanced-life-support transfer of a patient from St. Luke to Wesley, but neither Marion, Hillsboro nor Peabody had ALS transport available. Transportation was unspecified.


3:18 a.m. — Tampa ambulance responded to a residence near 340th and Goldenrod Rds. for a woman complaining of shoulder pain who was reportedly abandoned. She was transported to HCH.

1:12 p.m. — Hillsboro ambulance transferred an advanced-life-support patient from HCH to Kansas Heart Hospital, Wichita.

1:12 p.m. — Marion ambulance performed a BLS transfer of a patient from St. Luke to HCH.

8:44 p.m. — Tampa ambulance responded to the 300 block of B St. in Ramona for someone who was reportedly bleeding from their wrists. The subject then fled on foot when the ambulance arrived, and was located by an officer at F and 5th Sts. The subject was transported to Herington Municipal Hospital.


12:31 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to the 100 block of Eisenhower Rd. for an elderly woman who felt nauseated. She was transported to St. Luke.

1:19 p.m. — Florence ambulance and Peabody fire were called to a two-vehicle non-injury accident near Nighthawk Rd. and US-50. Transportation was refused, so the ambulance was dismissed.

2:32 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to the railroad tracks near the Cottonwood River bridge for a child who was bitten by a snake. The child was transported by private vehicle to St. Luke.

6:40 p.m. — Tampa fire was called to a home on 280th Rd. between Limestone and Mustang Rds. for a residential fire alarm. Three trucks responded, but no one was at the residence. Dispatchers said the alarm company said the alarm was coming from the kitchen. A neighbor contacted the owner, and after being there for 20 minutes, firefighters told dispatchers they didn’t see any signs of smoke or fire, and that if the owner found anything to call them back.

7:31 p.m. — Hillsboro fire responded to a fire alarm going off in the Lohrenz building at Tabor College. No signs of a fire were reported, and the alarm was reset.


3:58 p.m. — Hillsboro ambulance and Hillsboro rescue responded to the 200 block of Maria St. in Lehigh for an unresponsive woman in her 50s who was found lying in a doorway. Hillsboro fire was called for lifting assistance. Transportation was not specified.

4:14 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to a call per law enforcement request at 190th and Yarrow Rds. for a man who appeared to be passed out in a truck.

5:24 p.m. — Florence ambulance was paged to respond to the 100 block of N. Main St. for a woman who had fallen. After not hearing from Florence, Marion took the call, but Florence arrived on the scene, so Marion was dismissed. No transport was specified in reports.


10:19 a.m. — Hillsboro fire responded to The Lumberyard on Ash St. for a smoke alarm going off. It ended up being a false alarm.

11:53 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to Hilltop Apartments after a person reported an emergency alarm going off in another person’s apartment but was not able to make contact with the person. The ambulance transported the person to St. Luke.

Last modified Oct. 1, 2015