• Last modified 3948 days ago (Sept. 3, 2008)



Contributing writer

I went to Cindy’s at Florence Wednesday morning for a haircut. Ladies Aid came in the afternoon. Dorene and Sherry came to quilt.

Michele Boese came to help me decorate cakes Thursday. We did one for Mitchell’s fourth birthday and the August birthday cake for Legacy Park. We had so much fun.

I visited Maude Gaines Friday and had lunch with her. She will move to Legacy Park tomorrow, so we laughed and cried together.

Colleen Bruner of Florence picked up Dorene and Ron Kirkpatrick and LaVonne Friday evening and they went to the Burns Café. Had real good food and a good time visiting.

Myron and Sally Ammeter arrived at the farm late Friday evening to spend the night. Saturday morning we took out for Junction City to Angela and Chad’s for dinner and to help Mitchell Bunger celebrate his fourth birthday.

Dinner guests were Mary and Gary Bunger, Crystal and her fiancé from Nebraska, Myron and Sally, LaVonne, and Angela’s friend, Amy and her two boys, Trevor and Christian from Kansas City. In the afternoon we had a party with cake and ice cream (of course Great-Grandma got to do the cake). They had a piñata. There were six of Mitchell’s little friends there and did they have a time. They all visited the fire department after the party. Quite a day. A bunch of tired little girls and boys. I had so much fun holding baby Collin.

Myron and Sally brought me home late that afternoon and went to Opal Craney’s to spend the night.

All of Maude Gaines’ family came to her house Saturday morning to help her move to Legacy Park. Guests were Vicki and Dick Gantz, Jean Gaines, Sally and Jim Abel, Herb Gaines, and Ronnie and Patti Gaines.

Early Sunday morning, Myron and Sally and Opal picked up LaVonne and we went back to Junction City for great-grandson, Collin Reilly’s baptism at the Methodist church in Junction City. A really nice service and then we went to Angela and Chad’s for lunch. Myron and Sally brought Opal and I home and headed back to Grand Island. What a weekend!

Emily Haxton and Elyse of Ellinwood arrived Monday morning at the Ammeter farm to spend the day. Stan Ammeter joined us for lunch. Emily did lots of little jobs for me while I held and cuddled Elyse. She’s so precious. After Emily and Elyse left for home, Michele Boese and Dylan came and we went to Peabody to take the birthday cake to Legacy Park. We visited Don Gillet and Maudie Gaines.

Michele visited LaVonne Tuesday morning and later we went to visit Maudie Gaines at Legacy Park.

Kerri Wiebe, Tiana, Kenton, Natalia, and Taryn visited LaVonne Tuesday afternoon to vie her a hug before her surgery.

Myron and Sally of Grand Island and Blaine Ammeter arrived at the Ammeter farm to go with me to the hospital.

I’ll not have any news for several weeks because I’m having rotor-cup surgery Wednesday. But I’ll be back!

Hope you all have a good week and enjoy this lovely weather.

Last modified Sept. 3, 2008