• Last modified 3736 days ago (April 1, 2009)



Contributing writer

Kathryn Ireland and River Hess, her great-grandson, arrived at the Ammeter farm Wednesday afternoon and joined Mary Sue, Carolyn, Alexis, Adia, and C.J. We had a fun afternoon and did a lot of visiting. Carolyn, Mary Sue, and the kids spent the night and left Thursday morning for Great Bend.

Eric Magette and Matthew of Eudora arrived Thursday afternoon to spend the night at Great-Grandma’s farm. We had a great time playing in the yard and having tea parties. Blaine Ammeter and B.J. Ammeter came late morning and stayed a while. Matthew helped Uncle Blaine plant a rose bush. They left late Friday afternoon for Eudora.

Myron and Sally Ammeter of Grand Island, Neb., arrived Saturday morning to help celebrate my birthday. We had lunch and afterward Kevin and Emily Haxton, and Avery and Elyse of Ellsworth arrived. Melody and Steve Magette of Dodge City arrived late afternoon. Stan Ammeter joined them. They all were supper guests. Myron and Sally left after supper to go to Sally’s home to spend the night and Sunday.

John Boese and Dylan came Sunday afternoon to wish me a happy birthday.

Chad and Angela Bunger, Mitchell and Collin of Manhattan arrived Sunday morning at the Ammeter farm. Dinner guests were Chad, Angela, Mitchell, Collin, Emily, Kevin, Avery, Elyse, Melody, and Steve. Chad and Angela and the boys left after dinner and went to Grandma Opal’s for supper. The rest left late afternoon. I really had a very nice and busy birthday.

Twyla Nightengale and Sherry Nightengale picked me up Monday afternoon to go to Twentieth Century Club at Joyce Kyle’s. It was such a terribly windy day. We had a good time despite the weather.

I went to Florence Tuesday morning to get my haircut and went to Peabody in the afternoon.

We had a good rain Monday night and the wind was not so bad.

Hope you all have a good week. Prayers and good wishes to Gene Abee and Brett Nelson in their recovery.

Last modified April 1, 2009