Brian Lightner, community track meet organizer, has issued a schedule of track and field events for the May 3 meet.
All events will take place at the high school track on Pine St.
“Competition in each event will begin with the youngest competitors,” Lightner said. “For instance we will begin the field event for throwing with the pre-K to third grade students throwing a Frisbee to measure distance. The next group will be fourth and fifth grade students throwing the Frisbee for accuracy. The final group will be adults throwing a discus.”
Lightner said participants for field events should check in at the event, participants for running events should check in at the tent near the finish line.
The schedule of events is:
- 5 kilometer fun run, begin at the track, 10 a.m.
- Frisbee/discus throw at the discus ring, pre-k to third grade, fourth and fifth grade, and adult divisions, begin at 11 a.m.
- Tennis ball/javelin throw at the javelin runway, pre-K to third grade, fourth and fifth grade, and adult divisions, begin at noon.
- Shot put at south ring, 1 p.m.
- Standing long jump at northwest pit, 1:45 p.m.
- Running long jump at northwest pit, 2:15 p.m.
- High jump, 3 p.m.
Running events on a rolling schedule starting at 4 p.m.:
- 100-meter hurdles.
- 75-meter hurdles.
- 4x100-meter mixed relay.
- Jogger’s mile (runners predict their times before the race).
- 50-meter dash.
- 800-meter run.
- 100-meter dash.
- 400-meter walk.
- 200-meter run.
- 4x400 meter family relay.
Practice will be at 6 p.m. April 30 at the track. All equipment will be provided.
For more information, contact Lightner at (620) 200-0700 or email@example.com.