Chingawassa Days starts Friday evening in Marion and concludes with a church service on Sunday. This year’s festival includes both old and new events and activities.
All events are in Central Park unless otherwise noted.
- Community barbecue, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Ice cream social, 6:30 p.m..
- Concert by 7 Bridges Road, an Eagles tribute band, 7 p.m.
- Concert by Last Child, an Aerosmith tribute band, after 7 Bridges Road.
- Pancake feed, 7 to 10 a.m.
- Rhino Run 5-kilometer run and 2-mile run/walk, 8 a.m.
- Horseshoe pitching tournament, 8 to 11 a.m. with registration at 7:30 a.m.
- Kansas Anvil Shooters, 8:30 a.m. and noon at the south end of the park.
- Marion’s Amazing Race, starting at 9 a.m. on Main Street and finishing at 10 a.m. in the park.
- Wild Women of the Frontier, 9 a.m. on Main Street and 1:15 p.m. in the park.
- Bed Races, 9 a.m. on Main Street.
- Dinky Duck Race, 9:45 a.m. at the park fountain.
- Chain saw art carving demonstration, 10 and 11:45 a.m. at the southwest corner of the park.
- Portable Pets petting zoo, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- “Kid Zone” inflatables, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Magical entertainer Bob Phillips, 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the gazebo stage and strolling at 11:30 a.m.
- Heads/tails game, 11 a.m.
- Kendall Gammon, former Kansas City Chiefs Pro-Bowl longsnapper and current radio broadcaster, 11:15 a.m. on the gazebo stage.
- Texas hold’em tournament, starting at noon in the yellow tent. Registration begins at 11 a.m.; limited to the first 100 participants.
- Three-on-three basketball starting 12:15 p.m. Registration closes at 11 a.m.
- Rock, paper, scissors tournament, 12:30 p.m. on the gazebo stage.
- Sunflower Stompers cloggers, 12:45 p.m.
- Frozen T-shirt contest, 1:45 p.m.
- Watermelon feed, 2 p.m. in the blue tent.
- Tug-of-war tournament for three-person teams, 2:15 p.m.
- Rhino sculpting contest, 2:15 p.m. at the south picnic tables.
- Bingo, 2:30 p.m. in the blue tent.
- Gladiator grudge matches, 3 p.m.
- Arm wrestling tournament, 3 p.m.
Central Park closes to day passes at 4:15 p.m. A Chingawassa Days button will be required for admittance after 4:15.
- Performance by Andrew Kjellin, 5:30 p.m. on the main stage.
- Concert by Clearview, 6:30 p.m. on the main stage.
- Chain saw art auction, 7:45 p.m. on the main stage.
- Concert by Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, 9 p.m. on the main stage.
Community church service with speaker Joe White, 10:30 a.m. at the USD 408 Performing Arts Center.
Great Kansas Antique Tractor Ride and Rhino Roast, 2:30 p.m.