Ten percent of advance sales for this year’s Marion County Fair carnival — reportedly the largest in fair history — will be donated to local 4-H, FFA, and other youth clubs.
Wagner’s Carnival, which will bring 15 to 17 rides to the fair July 27 through 30 in Hillsboro, is offering $15 advance tickets good for unlimited rides for one person any night of the fair.
The carnival owner will donate $1.50 from each purchase to different youth groups throughout the county.
Tickets, which fairgoers may exchange for wristband passes at the carnival’s ticket booth, are on sale now at banks and food stores. The price for the all-day pass will increase to $20 once the fair begins. Tickets for individual rides will also be available.
Advance tickets may be purchased at these locations:
- Burns — Community National Bank.
- Florence — Cottonwood Valley Bank.
- Hillsboro —Central National Bank, Dale’s Supermarket, Hillsboro State Bank, and Vogt’s Hometown Market.
- Lincolnville — Pilsen State Bank.
- Marion — Central National Bank, Marion National Bank, Tampa State Bank, and Marion High School International Travel Club through adviser (620) 382-2781.
- Peabody — Peabody Market and Peabody State Bank.
- Tampa — Tampa State Bank.