Be a part of 2009 ‘Operation Celebration’in Peabody
Operation Celebration organizers need the following:
- 1940s wedding dresses, accessories, photographs, pressed flowers, cake toppers, anything associated with weddings (not just the war years, but the entire decade).
- World War II photos, uniforms, memorabilia, medals, yearbooks, flags, letters, narratives, whatever you would like to share.
- Memorabilia from the home front like magazines, propaganda, letters, ration books, photographs, war stamps and bonds, or your memories of what those years were like.
- No weapons or ammunition.
To loan items, plainly label items and include names, dates, and any other information that would add to the story. Include any special instructions for display.
Contact Susie Schmidt, 404 N. Walnut, Peabody, 620-983-2264 to make arrangements to either drop off items with her or have her pick them up.
A guard will be on duty at all times at the “Vault of Treasures.” Locking cases are available.
- The Victory Parade at 4 p.m. will feature veterans, World War II re-enactors, prewar vehicles, floats depicting the era, and people dressed in period clothing.
To enter, contact Kristen or Curtis Gray at 620-719-0937 (leave a message if necessary) or e-mail email@example.com (subject line: Parade).